Books for Parents About Gifted Children
This is by no means a comprehensive list of books. The books we have listed are those that parents have found particularly helpful. The list is divided into books about giftedness and books about twice-exceptional children.
Books About Giftedness
- A Nation Deceived: How Schools Hold Back America’s Brightest Students. The Templeton National Report on Acceleration. Nicholas Colangelo, Susan G. Assouline, and Miraca M. Gross. (2004). Iowa City, IA: University of Iowa. (www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank)
- Counseling the Gifted and Talented, Linda K. Silverman, (1993). Denver: Love Publishing.
- Exceptionally Gifted Children (Second Edition), Miraca M. Gross (2004). New York: RoutledgeFalmer
- Empowering Gifted Minds: Educational Advocacy That Works, Barbara J. Gilman (2003). Great Potential Press.
- Gifted Children, Ellen Winner (1996). New York: Basic Books.
- High IQ Kids. Kiesa Kay, Deborah Robson and Judy F. Brenneman, (2007). Minneapolis, MN: Free Spirit Press. READ MORE...